External Sales Manager - Valves
Area Sales Manager / Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager is required to join a specialist distributor that specialise in Valves, Pumps and Mixers covering the UK.
Area Sales Manager / Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager will be selling a variety of Process Valves, Shutter Valves, Butterfly Valves and Ball Valves.
The Area Sales Manager / Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager will have experience in external sales with distribution or manufacturing of multiple hygienic valves
£45,000 - £55,000 + Bonus
Electric company car
Profit sharing bonus
25 Days holiday
Area Sales Manager / Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager role:
- Provide technical advice and complex solutions of hygienic valves
- Liaise with the internal and external sales team and other engineering departments
- Turnover of the area, managing and developing an existing client base and also be able to bring on new profitable clients.
- Previous experience working in a B2B environment.
- Identifying and acquiring new market potential
- Handling customer inquiries and preparing quotations, sales and completion contracts
- Lead the full sales process
- Lead sales strategies, such as marketing in the area.
- Technical training will be provided
Area Sales Manager / Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager Requirements:
- Experience as Area Sales Manager / Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager / External Sales Engineer / External Sales Manager / Technical Sales Manager
- Experience selling from a Mixers / Valves / Pump manufacturer or distributor
- A degree-level qualification or HNC in mechanical engineering
- Industry knowledge is paramount.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- High level of self-motivation in finding and developing new customers
- Must be able to cover the UK, mainly focusing on the North of the UK
- Full UK Driving License
Job Title: External Sales Manager – Valves
Salary: £45k – £55k + Profit sharing bonus + Electric Company Car
Start Date: January 2023
Purpose of the position:
To increase sales throughout the UK with product focus on:
- Valves – Process Valves (Mixproof), Butterfly Valves, Ball Valves
- You will be working with the Internal sales team and other colleagues to ensure the efficient utilisation and deployment of sales resources.
- You will be promoting products and services to both new and existing customers throughout the UK.
- You will be able to demonstrate products benefits and features
- Selling & Technical skills
- General business skills
- An understanding of hygienic manufacturing processes
- Knowledge and understanding of financial concepts used within the sales function of the business to include profit markup & margins.
- Telephone skills including making appointments and cold calling
- IT Literate
- Problem Solving
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Desirable – being able to use SAP Business one [Training will be provided]
- Preparation of quotations for Capital Equipment
- Death in Service – 4x Annual Salary
- Electric Company Car
- Competitive Pay
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Contribution towards pension
- Profit sharing bonus
Who we are:
HpE Process has been trading for over 32 years and has recently become an Employee-Owned Trust, we are now looking to expand our sales force.
We are an independent specialist distributor of Pumps, Valves, Tubes, Fittings, Tank Equipment and Product Recovery systems. Specialising in dairy, food, beverage, brewery, and personal care.
Offering a single source for the widest range of products at competitive prices, we represent some of the best-known brand names in the industry.
Working as part of an Employee-Owned Business (EOT):
Our EOT scheme is arguably one of the most exciting things about being part of our business.
Why we are a great place to work:
- Working with people who care about you, your success and development. Not just leaders – everybody!
- A flexible business
- Work in an office environment where people choose to be together and have a clear aim
- Profit-sharing bonus (First £3600 is tax free)
- Taking ownership of what you wish to achieve with the support of the team