Survey Systems Engineer - Aberdeen
We are looking for a Survey System Engineer to join a Subsea engineering business,. As a Survey Systems Engineer, you will need to interface, maintain, service, and recertify in order to satisfy project deadlines. You will oversee seeing to it that this is completed promptly and efficiently, paying close attention to upholding the high QA standards already in place.
Salary up to £40,000 depending on experience.
25 days holiday
- The testing, interacting, and fault-finding of electronic survey equipment.
- The calibration of equipment to manufacturers' tolerances and specifications.
- The creation of accurate calibration/test documents.
- The accurate and organized documentation of calibration certificates and test sheets.
- The point of liaison between suppliers, manufacturers, and customers as necessary.
- Organize re-certification while keeping lab downtime to a minimum.
- Observe the calibration criteria for lab test/reference equipment.
- Ensure the return of third-party equipment within the specified timeframes.
- Electronic repairs, such as minor PCB work and cable re-terminations, are also included in the scope of this service.
- Willingness to perform additional tasks as needed.
Requirements Of Survey Systems Engineer
- Work experience in a global organization at several sites.
- Electronics, electrical engineering, or engineering systems with an HNC or equivalent
- 2 years of testing, interacting with, and troubleshooting electronic survey equipment#
- Experience in operation, service, and repair of hydrographic survey sensors. Multibeam, sonars, pressure sensors, and acoustic positioning
- Knowledge of mechanical assembly, soldering, crimping, and PCB investigation
- Knowledge of equipment calibration to manufacturer's tolerances and specifications