Quality Engineer / Quality Technician / Quality Manager to join a vibrant manufacturer of hydraulic and fluid power components.
The Successful Quality Engineer / Quality Technician / Quality Manager will use their quality and engineering skills for the inspection and testing of materials & metals, Fluid power, hydraulics and pneumatics and to coordinate and perform quality control checks throughout the manufacturing and production process.
The Quality Engineer / Quality Engineer will ideally come from a mechanical engineering background or have experience using materials testing skills / metrology skills.
Up to £29K - £38K
08:00 to 16:45 Monday to Thursday and 08:00 to 13:00 on Fridays
Quality Engineer / Quality Technician / Quality Manager will have the following duties
Duties in the Quality Engineer Role
- Ensure the continuous development of the Quality Management System (QMS)
- Calibrated to the schedule and maintain the master document for this function.
- Support investigation and documentation of shop floor quality issues and concerns.
- Root Cause Analysis determined by NCR’s and scrap reports
- Assist the Quality Manager with any future UKAS extension to scope projects.
- Lead Quality investigations and subsequent improvements
- Conduct Quality audits (as leader/member of audit teams)
- Reporting to the Quality Manager
- Working to ISO9001 and ISO72025
- Collecting and evaluating quality data and initiating corrective and preventive actions
- Develop & create project related Quality Process Plans
- Involvement in external accreditations such as (TS16949 ISO 9001)- & third-party audits
- Liaise with customer representatives with respect to physical checks and inspections (in line with customer order and documentation requirements)
- Liaise with various engineering departments
Requirements for the Quality Engineer role
- Proven experience as a Quality Engineer, Quality Technician, Metallurgist or similar
- Engineering qualification
- Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent combination (HNC/HND)
- Experience in controlling quality management systems (QMS) within an engineering or production / manufacturing environment
- Good working knowledge of metrology hand tools and functions of typical use
- Commutable to Bradford
Package to be discussed over the phone