Senior Design Engineer
Senior Design Engineer / Design Engineer required to join an international manufacturer in Poole. Working as part of the NPI / NPD team, the Senior Design Engineer / Design Engineer will come from either an electrical , mechanical or electro-mechanical background and will be directly responsible for driving forward new projects. Working in a team of 6, the Senior Design Engineer / Design Engineer will be responsible for customer and project roadmaps and will oversee new product development, design for manufacturing, design to cost, prototyping, and support for new product introductions.
£45,000 to £50,000 depending on experience
Hybrid working available
The Senior Design Engineer / Design Engineer will be an enthusiastic, self-driven, meticulous team player who is dedicated to consistently delivering top-notch work qualifies as the ideal applicant.
Duties in the Senior Design Engineer / Design Engineer role:
- Technical Lead for important clients or roadmap initiatives
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of new projects, from technical requirements to prototype and testing to production.
- Focus on Design for Manufacture, lower material costs, and higher performance while optimising currently in-demand items.
- Ensure that every product is created in compliance with the required specifications, business procedures, and accepted technical standards.
- Produce CAD models, drawings, and BoMs for engineering.
- To work closely with the project manager, manufacturing, production engineering, purchasing, applications, tests, and quality when launching new products or doing customer projects.
- Examining and accepting concessions and first-off requests, as well as raising DCRs (Design Change Requests) when needed for projects or for production or quality.
- To run FEA simulations and calculations on studies to verify the design, and to record those results.
- Assist young designers.
Requirements of the Senior Design Engineer Role:
- Experience using SolidWorks.
- Previous experience in a Senior Design Engineer role.
- Broad knowledge and expertise of Engineering.
- Experience of castings, mouldings, machined components, and assembly techniques.
- Knowledge of lathes and milling machine tolerances / capabilities.
- Ability to produce work consistently to a high standard within tight deadlines.
- Desirable is Approval knowledge: UKCA, CE, UL, IP and EMC