£45,000 to £55,000
Systems Engineer required for an award winning engineering company in Fareham. The Systems Engineer will play a key part in systems engineering for complex electromechanical ( electrical / mechanical ) systems. This is a new role within the organistation, so the Systems Engineer will play a part in driving the position forward.
£45,000 to £55,000 depending on experience
Hybrid working available
Systems Engineer duties
- Supporting all aspects of the Design to Order Service (DTOS), developing designs through concept and early-stage design as well as supporting the bidding process.
- Provide leadership and accountability in the delivery of systems engineering activities through the application of process, domain knowledge and experience, working as a systems engineering subject matter expert.
- Ensure designs and products meet codes of practice and recognised standards applicable to the company and/or the customer
- Work with the bid team to help develop the system architecture and any associated concept designs.
- Understand concepts and principles, to design, develop and determine solutions to functional requirements; and personally undertake the most complex work within the subject area.
- Develop, structure and write the Basis of Design document flowing down customer requirements and their associated acceptance criteria. Create and maintain the requirements database, development of the Supplier requirements and their traceability to the customer requirement. Lead the acceptance process to demonstrate compliance.
Experience required for the Systems Engineer role:
- At least 5 years in engineering roles with electrical systems
- Previous experience in a similar Systems Engineer role for a mechanical or electrical company.
- Experience of conducting functional systems analysis.
- Experience of requirement management & experience of all elements of the product lifecycle.
- Experience of assessing and producing product safety documentation.
- Experience of completing verification and validation exercises, as well as documenting compliance evidence.