Warehouse / Stores Assistant – Wimborne
We are looking for a Warehouse / Stores Assistant for a leading UK flooring business. The company we are representing has an extensive portfolio of clients across the South Coast.
- Salary From £25,000 depending on experience – Potential to progress.
- 28 days of Holiday, including bank holidays with a Christmas site shutdown.
- Company Pension
- Free Onsite parking
As a Warehouse / Store assistant, you will be with the warehouse manager supporting all tasks within the warehouse.
- Taking in, transporting, inspecting, and storing incoming merchandise.
- Labelling and packaging goods before sending them out.
- Filling and emptying vans, lorries, and other vehicles.
- Maintaining and fixing trucks, equipment, and tools used in warehouses.
- Labelling newly arrived items at the warehouse.
- Contacting transportation firms to arrange for delivery and dispatch.
- Moving and stock organization, safely storing stock.
- Moving goods using mechanical handling equipment, such as forklift trucks (forklift expertise is a bonus, but complete training is provided);
- Keeping an eye on consumables and stock levels.
- Occasionally delivering merchandise to clients.
Requirements for the Warehouse / Stores Assistant role:
- Able to operate in a manual workplace and be physically fit.
- Preferred if you have prior experience working in a warehouse.
- A cooperative and upbeat attitude, and the capacity to operate in a team.
- Own transportation is necessary due to the location's lack of accessibility by public transportation, and you must have maintained a full, clean UK driving license for at least 12 months.
- Flexibility since operational demands may cause some start times to vary.
- Be mindful of your health and safety while we handle hazardous materials.
- Computer Literate
- Able to operate without being closely supervised.