A Procurement Manager / Purchasing Manager is required for an engineering business that does extensive work with China and India in Bradford. The Procurement Manager / Purchasing Manager will be reporting directly into the Managing Director and will be responsible for the effective management of the Procurement function for a multi-site engineering and manufacturing business with an annual spend of £6m, they will ensure the best value for all purchased products and services is maintained and to generate annual cost savings.
Procurement Manager / Purchasing Manager Duties
- Report to the MD and playing a key part of the senior leadership team, as well as having a hands-on strategic and operational approach.
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of all procurement activities within the business.
- Undertake purchasing function as necessary to maintain supply of items required to fulfil business needs.
- Manage the UK based Purchasing & Procurement team – currently 3 direct reports across 3 sites.
- Supports the profitability of the company by reducing cost spends within agreed KPIs
- Continually assess and improve levels of product quality through our various supply chains.
- Monitor stock levels of procured items to ensure key safety stocks are maintained.
- Implement a vendor assessment programme alongside annual visits to key suppliers.
- Track raw material prices to ensure increases are negated or reduced to a minimum.
- Conduct overseas visits to manage our various suppliers in India and Asia.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with all suppliers both in the UK & overseas.
- Oversee and provide direction to the team on the requirements for pricing and sales data analysis to enable data driven decisions to be made, and trends identified & insight provided into future requirements
- Complete regular supply chain risk analysis to ensure product availability, including possible new territories that could provide similar products and services etc.
Experience required for the Procurement Manager / Purchasing Manager role
- CIPS Level 5 / 6 qualified purchasing & supply chain professional having successfully operated in a fast moving, commercially focussed environment
- Experience of operating in a similar role within the Manufacturing/Engineering sector is a distinct advantage.
- Excellent business and commercial acumen relevant to the UK, India, China and the Far East.
- Well-developed leadership skills with the ability to provide inspirational and inclusive leadership
- Successful track record of managing complex product ranges, their costs, margins, future demand, and market life cycle.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Chinese and Indian supply chains and the experience of travelling to and across India, China and the Far East, with the confidence to travel solo.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills, applying pragmatism to balance business needs against potential risk.
- Full UK driving licence is required
Salary to be discussed over the phone upon application
Private Medical, Medicash plan, Death in service, Pension scheme
Holidays: 25 days + 8 BH + 3 Christmas Shutdown