Software & IT
Test and Validation Engineer – Freelance - Remote
A Contractor / freelancer Test and Validation Engineer is required to join a Global IT Services & IT Consulting organisation.
The Test Engineer will support testing and software quality validation across IoT Operating Systems / Wireless Networks / routing products and routing solutions.
Duration: 6 months
Remote working - with customer visits required in Pisa
· Support the new platform software development tests, system tests, solution tests and regression tests across enterprise products and solutions
· Develop code for testing automation
· Understand product requirements, review functional specification, write test plans, find bugs and validate solutions
· Extend the existing test automation framework; developing additional unit tests and integration tests
Experience and Skills:
· Experience with software testing and validation across wireless technologies
· Hands-on experience on Linux or Unix
· Knowledge of TCP / IP networking technologies
· Knowledge of Layer 2 ; Layer 3 ( L2 / L3 ) networking protocols
· Knowledge of wireless communication protocols; UDP ; POP ; SMTP ; FTP ; HTTP ; HTTPS
· Software Programming / High-level language proficiency (ex: Python, C, C++, bash)
· Experience working with a range of router products and router solutions
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and related majors such as Math, Physics
· Good written, verbal, and presentation skills in English
If you’re an experienced Systems Test Engineer, Integration & Verification Engineer, Network Test Engineer and seeking your next contract / freelance opportunity then apply now!