Senior Systems Engineer
Software & IT
Key Job Responsibilities
Company Confidential - © Copyright Captec REF: HR03FR/03 Page 1 of 2 S:\HR\1. Current_Roles\TS182022_Systems_Engineer\HR03FR_Senior_Systems_Engineer_KJR.docx
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Job Holder: To Be Hired Department: Technical Services
Reports to: Systems & Products Team Leader Issue Date: Jan 2023
1. Systems Engineering:
• Supporting all aspects of the Design to Order Service (DTOS), developing designs through concept
and early-stage design as well as supporting the bidding process.
• Provide leadership and accountability in the delivery of systems engineering activities through the
application of process, domain knowledge and experience, working as a systems engineering
subject matter expert.
• Understand concepts and principles, to design, develop and determine solutions to functional
requirements; and personally undertake the most complex work within the subject area.
• Develop, structure and write the Basis of Design document flowing down customer requirements
and their associated acceptance criteria. Create and maintain the requirements database,
development of the Supplier requirements and their traceability to the customer requirement. Lead
the acceptance process to demonstrate compliance.
• This role will belong to the wider Technical Services Department and will have the opportunity to
support other projects in different roles within your discipline.
• Provide the common engineering point of contact right from bid through design and into delivery,
ensuring the system is fully complient with both he projects requirements and any relevant
• Produce and collate evidence to demonstrate system compliance with design and requirements
• Provide domain expertise in support of both internal and external design reviews via written and
2. Regulatory Compliance:
• Ensure designs and products meet codes of practice and recognised standards applicable to the
company and/or the customer.
• Apply due diligence and make best efforts to comply with regulatory requirements and/or identify
risks if compliance requirements cannot be met.
3. Bid Support:
• Work with the bid team to help develop the system architecture and any associated concept
• Work with the engoineering design team, purchasing and suppliers to select parts, obtain quotes
and prepare specifications.
• Work collaboratively with the engineering teams and production to document, build and verify
prototype parts and when needed train build operators. Recommend modifications following
prototype test results.
4. Engineering Support:
• Be responsive to engineering support requests and ensure time estimates and accurate and work
complete on time. Provide regular status regarding progress of issues.
• Where needed recommend, help rework or train production operatives to successfully complete
rework of non-conforming material using suitable equipment and tools.
Key Job Responsibilities
Company Confidential - © Copyright Captec REF: HR03FR/03 Page 2 of 2 S:\HR\1. Current_Roles\TS182022_Systems_Engineer\HR03FR_Senior_Systems_Engineer_KJR.docx
5. General Responsibilities:
• Adopt Captec key business objectives, core & brand values, culture and behaviours.
• Meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the role.
• Maintain a high standard of personal and professional behaviour with colleagues and all other
• Adhere to the BMS (Business Management System) framework of ISO-9001/14001 Processes,
Work Instructions, policies and all other associated documents.
• Be a team player with appropriate levels of communication with all team members.
• Provide complete information on time as required by relevant reporting structures.
• Be open to new ideas and ways of working to improve what we do and how.
• Timely completion of time/work tracking sheets.
• Provide timely and accurate updates regarding assigned tasks on the relevant tracking tools used.
• Maintain tidiness of work areas
Due to the size of the company, all employees need to maintain a flexible approach, so you will, from time to time, be required to undertake other tasks beyond the scope of this principal role.
AGREED Job holder